Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mary Worth 324

They can also happen in PERSON. Someone could pose as a security officer from a Starfleet vessel, offer a few boring tips of advice, and while you aren't looking, poach your silverware and several of your giant, gray answering machines.

I thought that yesterday, when Toby promised Terry she'd be more careful in the future, that it was the end of this conversation. But, yippee! There's more! Now we're going to have a few weeks about possible telephone scams, followed by a discussion on postal fraud. It might never end. This is fantastic! Time has always moved slowly in this strip, but we are quickly approaching a complete stop. Soon, we'll actually witness the first ever attempt by a comic strip to reverse time. Keep your fingers crossed and somebody call Stephen Hawking.

Today's Full Strip.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh, great! I bet that wasn't my bank calling earlier...it was probably just another scam, and now two people have my credit card number."

Poor Toby, the world is too complex a place. Maybe even Terry is trying to get her identity.

Don't. Trust. Anyone.

Anonymous said...

As I looked at today's strip, it occurred to me that it would be helpful for my 83 year old Aunt (that I live with and care for) to read this series of cautionary strips since I sometimes worry that she'll get one of THOSE phone calls while I'm away. However, she tends to nod off when things get boring and I don't know if she'd get to read the second panel.

ethel mertz said...

"Oh, great! Now I can't even use the phone anymore!"

Realizing how truly stupid she is, Tobey has a right to pout.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Toby looks well and truly pi**ed in that second panel. At least we've determined how she keeps her girlish figure: aerobic emoting.

Otismaximus said...

Oh and Toby, if you ever answer the front doorbell do not, I repeat, DO NOT stomp the flaming brown paper bag! It's a cruel, cruel world.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until Toby tells Ensign Terry about the nice couple she met who told her about this envelope of money they found on the street...

Otismaximus said...

Hey Toby! Pull my finger!

Captain Peabody said...

I...have nothing to say.

Yes, it's that boring.

Anonymous said...

Ian's TO-DO List:

1> Remove Toby's faulty wiring
2> Disassemble Toby and store
3> Begin measurements on this new security expert for construction of wife 4.0 ...