Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Have a Dream: 49 Years Ago Today

A week ago today, I stood in Martin Luther King Jr's childhood home, where he was born, in Atlanta, Georgia. Yesterday, I stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.

Dr. King and his message of peace and freedom have been on my mind a great deal over the past seven days.

Forty-nine years ago today, Dr. King gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

I invite you to spend 20 minutes and listen to his speech in its entirety. I found this a wonderful way to ponder the importance of human dignity, equality, and God's love for all of His children.

We will return to Mary Worth and her comedy high-jinx tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sandi Ego said...

Nicely done, Wanders.

ethel mertz said...

Thanks so much, Wanders.

katyb said...

I think we need to keep dreaming the dream. Sounds like you had a good trip Wanders. Thanks for sharing.

fauxprof said...

Beautifully written, Wanders. We all need to remember, always. Thanks.

phoebes in santa fe said...

I've always been very proud to share my birthday with MLK. (Date - January 15th, not year!).

I also listening to that speech and have stood where he stood to deliver it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wanders. I had no idea. Good job you.