Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mary Worth 1994

Since I can no longer follow this complex plot -- it's just that amazing -- I thought I'd share a few other thoughts.

Yesterday, we had snow. It started at about 10 a.m., and by the time I was driving home from work at 5 p.m., the freeway was packed with ice and piles of slush that slopped up on the undercarriage with a sloshy grate. Most of the cars on the Interstate seemed to be following best driving practices, with an occasional jerk weaving aggressively past anyone with hazard lights. But the rest of us caravanned at a steady 20 m.p.h. knowing full well that one wrong move would ruin the drive for everyone coming next.

My wife and I went to Maui last September, as you might remember, where the speed limit actually is 20 m.p.h., so I told my wife that basically it was like driving in Hawaii. I'm not sure everyone on the freeway agreed, but the association got me home calm, collected, and definitely cool.

Speaking of making it through the cold, here's a column by my favorite writer Michael Perry, that I know you'll enjoy.

If you like the article, you will love his books. This is one of my favorites:

Today's Full Strip

2 comments:

Dude said...

Dig it!

Limber Joe said...

I'm a huge Michael Perry fan! Got to meet him once. Great guy.