Sunday, May 31, 2020

Mary Worth 3381

Sincerity Sunday: I believe the Covid-19 quarantine had finally hit Karen Moy when she created an extra week of recap for this story. I can't imagine a Mary Worth story actually set during a pandemic that might possibly be resolved before the story resolves, given how long a Mary Worth story can last, but as flabbergasted as I was when the denouement droned on for another week, I now feel like thematically it has been perfectly tuned to recognize the stress we can all feel at times, and the gratitude we all seek in our lives. So, I have to admit that I think this extra week was inserted perfectly, and look forward to a new story with crowded diners and busy airports starting up tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, Karen.

7 comments:

KitKat said...

Food for thought, Wanders - thanks. I just figured Our Lady of Perpetual Meddling demanded a victory lap week.

Since Dawn had such a fine, pande-free time in New York City, I’m hoping Mary goes there to renew acquaintances with Dear Old Shelly Cohen, Ken Kensington, John Dill, and tummy brain Olive, who should be at least 19 by now.

KitKat said...

Pandemic-free! (Argh...)

fauxprof said...

@Kit-Kat, It was also Panda-free. Nary a panda in sight, either giant or red. And Hugo and Dawn could have gone to the Bronx Zoo quite easily. (I think the red pandas are slightly cuter, but that’s just me striving to not comment on the Sunday Summary.)

Yahoonski said...

Moy has lived down to our expectations once again. On the bright side, should something befall her, Frank Natale seems well-suited to take over the writing duties. I accept this and I understand it. Therefore, I know it. And I love knowing that I know that. Constantly. And that's my reality.

tkraft said...

Thanks all! These are witty and insightful comments and I enjoyed every one of them. It goes to prove that there is a certain Zen to the MW strip. Wanders, you and these acolytes are the Masters. You have created something-ness out of nothing-ness with this week's recap. Ohmmm. (BTW, that's my mantra. Not the electrical term; there's no spark in MW this week at all. Plenty of resistance though.)

Sandi Ego said...

Since Dawn is still friends with Hugo maybe she and Jared will be his host family for the next semester at good ol'University. Dawn & Jared can get married, buy a charming beach house, like young folks do, and Hugo can paint it with gratitude. Even thought the beaches are much better in France.

katyb said...

Mary is both awesome and terrifying. No matter what your problem -- lack of clarity, anxiety, dinged ego, stupidity on dating sites, inability to distinguish 'endearing quirks' from dreadful personality flaws -- she just drones on and on and on, oblivious. Until finally her victim succumbs and obeys. Or just wanders off. ( No pun intended :) )