Friday, January 8, 2021

Mary Worth 3541

Bravo Helen Clark, KitKat and others who predicted that the headless manaquin would remind Eve of her late husband. Many years ago, I had a choreographer who was decapitated when his car went under a truck. It was a horrificly brutal and traumatic experience for his wife. She was in the car and it was said she tried to put his head back on his body. There was nothing funny about it, until the character Creed Bratton on The Office told Michael Scott that it was exactly how his boss had died. Everytime I see that episode, I feel guilty for laughing so hard. And now, every time I walk into a department store, I'm going to feel equally guilty.

11 comments:

KitKat said...

Good golly, Wanders, I understand your unease. Now I’m remembering Mary Richards trying not to laugh at the funeral of Chuckles the Clown. A classic!

On to today’s strip: Eve’s gushing tears, and Greta’s at home - oh no!

Nance said...

Today's Boldface Haiku is titled

"Saul, Comfort Coach, Calls The Play".

Eve! Okay?
Doctor?
N-No...
Sit down...
Okay, bench!

Vince said...

Maybe they should have stayed on the bench on the southern leg of the boardwalk.

Yahoonski said...

Because if you DO need a doctor, I know a swell lachrymologist,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Wanders, but after reading that horrific story about the choreographer, despite your secret message, I don't think it's likely I'll ever laugh again... At anything... Or drive a car... Or leave my house...

HelenClark

Hey KitKat - looks like the colorist finally read our memo on the color of tears!

r u ok? said...

Are you okay? HA! It's not the words, Saul, it's the delivery - where's the Happy Hobo when you need him?

Sandi Ego said...

Those mannequins lack other parts, too. I wonder if Lorena Bobbitt looks at store windows and starts to laugh.

Anonymous said...

This is somewhat similar how Jayne Mansfield met her end. I was a little kid when it happened, and my memory of her moves between that and an old bank passbook of mine--my dad saw her and her husband in downtown Phoenix one Saturday and had them autograph the passbook for me! (I was even younger, so I have no memory of that.)

Anonymous said...


To continue with this gallows humor, may I suggest the the Charterstone Jukebox feature "Don't Lose Your Head" by Queen.

-- Scottie McW.

Marjorine Bailey said...

The shock is so horrific her face is melting!

MissScarlet said...

No milky tears for Eve! Whoo hoo!