Friday, August 3, 2007

Mary Worth 12

A lot of people have been asking me if I followed Mary Worth while I was on my long vacation. The answer is an enthusiastic, "Yes! Duh." If you need an update on what's going on, here's where we're at. If you already are up to speed, jump down to the next paragraph: Basically there's been a lot of horse back riding going on, and I haven't been particularly comfortable with that. Dawn's been lying to her father about riding smallish horses with Drew and claiming to be studying for exams worried that Dad will not approve of the 12-year age difference. However, now she has confided in reliable Mary Worth who has encouraged her to let her father know about her feelings for Dr. Drew Cory. So that's where we're at.

I'm not sure what to say about today's brilliant installment except that in panel two, Dawn's hands say, "I'm the Virgin Mary," but in panel one, her T-shirt says, "Two kittens boiling in a cauldron: I'm wicken."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn's clothing shows a lack of mental growth and maturity, leading me to disagree with Wilbur Weston's "wiser than her years" comment. Her shirt has a childish kitten print on it; yet aside from the graphic, her outfit is very similar to Mary's. Is Dawn struggling with becoming a woman? Or has she already accepted her place at Charterstone, home of dull old people who obsess over their personal problems?