Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mary Worth 93

I really appreciate that the writers decided to do away with the obligatory panel where Drew's phone rings and he says, "Hmmm. I wonder who that could be?" when we all know it is Vera. However, they kept the line where he says, "This is a surprise!"

So Vera is sorry that she couldn't trust Drew after he two-timed her for a college co-ed? Am I to assume that after six weeks and an unexpected phone call from Vera, that the relationship is now totally fixed and Drew and Vera are, like, totally hooked up? Or did Drew just get his "runner's high?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Personally, i'm fascinated by what appears to be a tiny full-grown man next to Vera. Is that supposed to be a child? There is nothing childish about that face.

Bret Treasure said...

I think Karen is trying to raise awareness of Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome. I note that the adult next to man-child is strangely youthful.