Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mary Worth 376

I was sorry I couldn't post on yesterday's strip because this really is one of the funniest panels I've seen in a while as Mary Worth's compulsion to help others drives her after Lynn: "No, really, Lynn: Your future is ahead of you. It's not in your past. That's why it's called your future! You are a talented, gifted, beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent... Whoops, this ice is slippery... wait a minute! LYNN, over here, this side of the rink! You're wonderful! Now that I've flattered you, now will you please tell me why you hate yourself!??"

One can dream, can't one? Instead, we get this:

But the good news is that Mary is apparently now skating on the ice!

Yesterday's full strip.

Today's full strip.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the guy in the picture is a very young Dalai Lama, but I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that the only thing that can rescue this story is if the photograph is either:

a) Lynn's brother whom Frank beat to death while trying to encourage him to train harder

b) Lynn prior to the gender re-alignment that Frank imposed as he thought it would be easier to win the women's event