Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mary Worth 2256

I'll remember what you said, too:

  • "I wonder if you'd like to join me for local outings?" 
  • "Self-regulation and rules are necessary to prevent chaos." 
  • "There are some things you can only do when you're relatively young." 
  • "John is an expert at what he does." 
  • "Today your real live shopping is on me." 
  • "It'll soon be New Year's Day, a day to make resolutions." 
  • "Some dishes can be made in advance of others." 
  • "Do you see how the end of this avocado gives in? That means it's ripe." 
  • "An asteroid impact led to climate change." 

How could I ever forget?

Today's full strip

8 comments:

Wool Worth said...

The priestess at the Oracle of Delphi had nothing on Mary.

tkraft said...

Evy Taylor looks on expectantly in panel 2 and I can see her thinking, "Yes, I think she might be...looks like it's possible...hugging Olive closer...just maybe...YES! SHE'S TAKING OLIVE WITH HER! TEE HEE! IT'S JUST ED AND ME FROM NOW ON! OH HAPPY DAY!

Dawn Weston's Evil Twin said...

Wanders, I love your secret messages. Not one hallucination, indeed! I think it's Olive's new habit of smoking a corn-cob pipe after meals. It dissipates the psychic connection.

Nance said...

And the Dark Mob gathered around them repeats

ROOTING FOR YOU. ROOTING FOR YOU. ROOTING FOR YOU.

fauxprof said...

Sunday.

"Time just flew by." For whom, Mary, for whom?

Further proof that Karen Moy understands irony even less than Dr. Sheldon Cooper understands sarcasm.

Anonymous said...

After all this, can someone please tell exactly what issues Olive was having that needed Mary's presence? Maybe a chiropractor would be helpful so Olive could look Mary in the eyes when she is rooting for her, instead of looking past the divine Ms. W.

Chester the Dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chester the Dog said...

I see the cast of Star Trek: First Contact went to NYC to see Mary off, back to Santa Royale.