Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Mary Worth 5

Wow. Wow. This one took me by surprise. I didn’t see this coming at all. Dr. Drew, aren't Vera and her business cards enough for you? Now you must steal Dawn away from her mentor Wilbur Weston? Not that I ever thought Wilbur had a chance with Dawn, but I think secretly inside he sees himself as Dawn’s ideal man.

I know Central Casting would most likely place me in the role of Wilbur rather than Dr. Drew (I can only hope they make the movie version of Mary Worth!). Yet, as a young man, I dreamt of having Dr. Drew’s mojo, so today’s strip cuts particularly deep. This is what it is like to be handsome? I knew it!

How many business cards will Dr. Drew go home with tonight? Grrrr. I'm starting to hate this guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A movie version of Mary Worth? That would not be enough time for even one quarter of a plot to unfold. No, Mary Worth would be a television miniseries... In each episode, there would be one slightly exciting occurrence (by slightly I mean, a flower would bloom. Let's not get out of control. This is Charterstone after all). For the rest of the episode, the characters would either lament or obsess over the happening.

Needless to say, I would definitely tune in.

Wanders said...

Back in those days, I didn't even know Wilbur was Dawn's father. One reason was because Dawn used to call her dad "Wilbur."