Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mary Worth 182

Mary Worth's very presence instills remorse and guilt in the souls of all those who encounter her.

I was best man at a wedding once where the bride's father was the most intimidating person I'd ever met. A tremendously successful lawyer, all he had to do was look at you and you'd want to confess everything. So I can understand the massive turn-around Ron has experienced, transforming from President of the local Fight Club to Rage-aholics Anonymous 12-stepper.

Sadly, he may be too late to make amends.

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Do I have to be the one to make the "Braveheart" joke?

JLH said...

Oh no! I thought my local paper was just hunky-dory because it carries the great Mary Worth. But you have shown me that we're missing the title picture! (I'm sure there's a name for it.) Maybe I'll have to give in and subscribe to the full feed -- that image you've posted is invaluable "information"!

Anonymous said...

Maybe since he's in the hospital already, Ron can have a doctor take a look at that massive red arrow protruding from his neck in the 5th panel ...

Anonymous said...

mollie: I didn't get the "Braveheart" gag straight away but luckily I am in Scotland so when I glanced round the office and saw all the faces painted with woad, I finally twigged.