Friday, April 6, 2012

Hard News

I visited the Newseum in Washington D.C., and was thrilled to see many important artifacts dealing with 9/11, Watergate, the Kennedy assassination, and this:



Then I came home to read this wonderful Tweet!

Wanders, I love your blog. My friend @ThePilgrums and I are recording a Mary Worth Podcast. We've only recorded 1 episode so far...

youtube.com/watch?v=r5kqcy… - The first episode. It's not done yet. We're still experimenting. Also, I blatantly stole ONE JOKE from you in it.


Hey, if you want to promote Mary Worth, steal all you want from me! Way to go!

8 comments:

Thorpnotized said...

I couldn't get the link to work.

Wanders said...

It looks like the podcasters have unclassified the link, which means only this to whom they have sent the URL can access it. Sorry. They may not be feeling ready to go live. But when they do...

kathyo said...

I got the link to work on the first try. It's a look back at the MW strips of the past week with the guys' comments. Lots of great observations; such as (re the hobo) there are never any men in MW with both a beard AND a mustache--it's either one or the other. Oh, and now we know what all the words in symbols are.

heydave said...

Step 1: begin a blog about Mary worth
Step 2.
Step3 Profit! (and fame!)

Thorpnotized said...

Hmmmm, the link works now. The first time I tried it was last night before bed.

Samuel K said...

Oh hey. I'm Sam from the podcast. WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE

http://youtu.be/V87MbZzH0aM

Here's the finished version with music.

Wanders: THANKS FOR PROMOTING US! That's awesome, dude!

Sandi Ego said...

Yes, strong language indeed. Especially !@#$%^&* and *&^%$#@!. A podcast featuring Mary Worth. Centuries colliding!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Too bad they didn't use the strip where Jill Black goes on a drunken rant spewing profanity. But, hey, showcasing Mary Worth as important American history brings a smile to my face!