Monday, October 12, 2015

Mary Worth 2161

There are all kinds of off color remarks I could make about the surprise Toby is in for, but those are all too obvious.

I must admit, however, that this alleged story has been full of surprises. I was surprised when Toby was outraged that Ian would show up late for her show. I was surprised when Ian blew up because he felt unappreciated. I was surprised when Toby stormed out of the apartment insisting Ian not come looking for her. I was surprised when she literally walked down the hall and moved in with Mary. I was surprised when she announced she would never forgive Ian and then, without explanation, had a change of heart. I am now surprised that after firmly declaring that she would not come home until Ian had demonstrated a change in his behavior and treatment of her, she's come home without even having spoken with him.

This story has been full of surprises indeed. None of them resembling anything close to human behavior.

Today's full strip

13 comments:

Dimensionalotter said...

But she DID speak with him...

Elaine said...

That feels like a rather ominous 'click' of the door. Toby, you won't be leaving again. Ever.

KitKat said...

Why did Toby put on a jacket to walk down the hall? She could have kept her pajamas on. That alone might surprise Ian.

Delilah said...

It was the coffee and popcorn that chaged Toby's mind.

NotARobot said...

What a snooze-fest. If there was ANY creativity displayed in the story lines at any point, there could be an interesting twist awaiting Toby. Instead, we will certainly be subjected to another underwhelming conclusion to what was an underwhelming little exercise in time wasting for all. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yahoonski said...

When I find myself in times of trouble
neighbor Mary comforts me
speaking words of nonsense
Let Ian be, let him be.
Also "Don't walk away from something great."

fauxprof said...

Toby walks into her studio (I.e. the guest bedroom) and discovers that her modeling compound has dried out, and her tools have not been cleaned. More evidence that Ian is still insensitive to her needs. After all, he should have known what needed to be done, and he ignored it because her art has no worth for him. In a Hedda Gabler rage, she destroys the manuscript he's been slaving over for years. (In the absence of an open fire, she throws it in the pool.). "Serves you right, PROFESSOR Cameron. Now no one will ever read your exhaustive history of the lesser distilleries of Aberdeenshire!"

76VDubber said...

Whew! What a relief! I've been verkempt for the past 2 weeks, worrying that Toby might actually ditch poor Dr. Cameron. He'd be so lonely and helpless without Toby. Thank you, Mary, for your wise words which will help your friends realize their full relationship potential!

Chin Napkin Groupie said...

If I were Ian, I would have changed the locks by now.

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I'm glad you said that was the door. I thought her neck had snapped somehow.

Dawn Weston's Evil Twin said...

@Chin Napkin Groupie: My thoughts exactly! The real surprise for me was that Ian hasn’t changed the locks. I sure would’ve! Sheesh!

Mary’s passive-aggressive comment of the day:
“There, there, dear. Go sit down on the couch. Take a load off. Have a margarita. I’m sure Ian will be so glad that you’ve finally come back home. That’s why he’s out having drinks with Hilton Berkes right now! Then, they’re off to the Bum Boat where they’ve reserved a table for two.—-Not for you!-—I hope you remembered to buy some frozen dinners before you left, otherwise you won’t have anything to eat! ... Oh, and umm ... I already have dinner plans, so don’t come over!”

Ian Cameron said...

Toby, I'm sick of your Splak!

carlnepa said...

Better check the bedroom, Toby, and don't forget to look under the bed.....'nuff said.