Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mary Worth 2171

Today's strip is perhaps the best ever! Floating heads. A flashback of Mary's famous dive. And a suggestion that little Olive, with her psychotic hallucinations and tummy brain, has progressed beyond us on the evolutionary scale. This promises to be truly creepy, and just in time for Halloween!

When Mary says she was in the right place at the right time, she means, "I was sound asleep in my bed, when Olive disobeyed the messenger of God and fell in the pool. I had a nightmare that compelled me to dive into the murky waters of the pool at night. And fortunately, there was Olive at the bottom. Otherwise, think of my embarrassment if she hadn't been there. Everyone would think I was losing my mind!"

7 comments:

fauxprof said...

Well, at least Mary will make a pass at normal behaviour and touch base with Olive's parents. Seems that she's heading for New York no matter what they say, however. The summons of highly-evolved Olive is enough to overcome any short-sighted parental objections.

Aunt Chrissy said...

And don't forget the Hubert Humphrey quote - that just makes it perfect!

KitKat said...

So if Olive hadn't been extraordinary, Mary would have let her drown.

meg said...

Hope Mary doesn't get wind of Blondie and Dagwood's Hallowe'en party today. It appears that everyone in the comics world was invited- except MARY. I, for one, am outraged.

Muscato said...

What an amazing Sunday - I fully expected a floating head, but not for a week or more, when Mary's making that long trip from Santa Royale International to JFK. If we're getting these kinds of goodies this early in the story line, imagine what Moy/Giella have up their sleeve for the dramatic denouement next April!

Petunia said...

Time for more information on the enteric nervous system, Mary!

Petunia said...

Oh dear, in Monday's strip, we see that a fish has embedded itself in Mary's head. Does that mean she has her central nervous system, her peripheral nervous system, her enteric nervous system, AND a piscine nervous system?

I think I need to go to bed...hope there are no floating heads in my dreams.