Sunday, January 17, 2021

Mary Worth 3548

Maybe she should try Hare Krishna.

Okay, okay, I can see I'm going to have to explain this joke. In the Muppet Movie (1979), characters kept getting lost, or using the word lost, and everytime anyone said "lost" someone else would say, "Maybe you should try Hare Krishna." And finally Kermit says, "Good grief, it's a running gag."

Which is exactly how I'm feeling about this strip's nonsensical and repeated recylcling of the classic Jerry Seinfeld quote, "It's not you, it's me."

It's been a rough month, I don't have much of a sense of humor I guess.

6 comments:

KitKat said...

Eve manages to get a facelift and lose at least ten years and fifteen pounds between panels 2 and 5.

Greta and Max are speechless, but they’re telling each other telepathically, “It’s not us, it’s them.” The rest of us are thinking, “It’s not us, it’s Karen Moy.”

Yahoonski said...

Eve's posture in 3rd panel seems impossible, as her elbow would be below the bench surface she's sitting on. But I like the accusatory purple cloud pointing at her face.

KitKat: You are so right!

Anonymous said...


Back-to-back story arcs with "It's not you, it's me."

Good grief, it's a running gag.

-- Scottie McW.

MissScarlet said...

I, for one, am seriously annoyed at Moy/Brigman's portrayal of an anxiety attack. People I know report it as more of a heart attack. Some even call 911 before they understand that it is a mental state. I know I shouldn't expect reality from MW but a little normalcy would be good now and then.
Course, Saul did want to call the paramedics. Maybe he was more accurately observant after all. Whoa!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy... I feel sorta like Archie Bunker must have when Edith or Gloria started talking about their "woman" problems. If I was Saul, I'd be saying "Sorry, Eve, but I just remembered Greta's vet appointment. I'm late! Gotta run!"

HelenClark

Anonymous said...

what did the last panel mean ????