Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mary Worth 59

Oh, right, now's a great time to ask. You had all yesterday afternoon to review your condo by-laws and association rules, but let's wait until you get Chester home, have him sitting on your living room carpet wondering when you're going to stop carrying around those new dog dishes and give him some food. But don't worry, I'm sure the board will think Chester is adorable, agree that you're the Canine Good Samaritan, and allow Chester to stay as long as you put down lots of newspapers.

Sadly, there may not be many Mary Worth cartoons in those papers as this fine strip continues to be ousted by editorial boards in an effort to attract younger readers. So, they drive out their older readers to attract younger readers who aren't going to read the newspaper anyway? Oh, yes, Boards are always so smart and reasonable aren't they. You should have no problem, Mary Worth, getting them to let Chester stay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was the younger readers who had the most fun with Mary Worth.

I can't imagine that my mother enjoys it as much as I do. And now that I've taught my 16 yo daughter how to read it, she enjoys it too.

There's hope for the next generation.

Anonymous said...

I began reading Mary Worth when I was 12 and never looked back.

Bret Treasure said...

Mary has not been syndicated in Australia, but I am going to make representations on Karen's behalf. The Australian has Doonesbury and nothing else. It's a broadsheet so there is ample room.