Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mary Worth 60

"Interesting. I've lived here since 1972 and I never knew that we could have dogs." Now that the word is out, I'm sure everyone will want one. Up until now, dogs have been as scarce at Charterstone as people of color. We'll start with dogs and then add an Asian family. One step at a time. One step at a time.

I love that in panel two, Mary is still feeling passive aggressive, even though everything is fine. And how she speaks for the entire population of Charterstone. Just because it wouldn't work for her, she assumes it wouldn't work for everyone. Just wait until the 2 a.m. barking begins, then we'll see how the neighbors feel about pets!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An outbreak of fleas would also make her real popular.

I think they might have taken my suggestion (from Bunnicula)that Toby is a vampire to heart. Mary already seems to be wearing a garlic necklace.

Bret Treasure said...

Beagles don't bark very much, to their credit. And I'm sure Mary would only rescue one that was house-trained.

Barbara L. Hanson said...

Oh, but they sure do howl.